Call for Abstracts
Authors are asked to submit abstracts under one of the following categories:
- Red Cell Physiology, Iron Metabolism and Disorders
- Leukocytes, Inflammation, Infections and Immunology
- Hemostasis, Thrombosis and Vascular Wall Biology
- Transfusion Medicine & Apheresis
- Hematopoiesis, Stem Cells, Non-malignant Hematopoietic Diseases & Marrow Failure (including PNH)
- Acute leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes/Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- 08. Chronic Leukemias
- Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas
- Plasma Cell Dyscrasias
- Gene Therapy, Immunotherapy, Transplantation and Experimental Therapeutics
- Health Services and Outcomes Research
- Clinical Trials in Progress
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only
- An international panel of reviewers will review all abstracts anonymously
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit (however an individual may not be offered more than 2 oral presentations)
- All Abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in the Online Abstract Book/ Abstract USB
Step 1. Title & Topic
- The abstract title must not exceed 125 characters in length; this includes spaces.
Step 2. Authors
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered by June 1, 2018
- There is no limit to the number of co-authors per abstract
- The submitter can view the status of co-author disclosures by clicking on ‘Authors’ sections of the abstract. Those with incomplete disclosures are denoted in red
- If you would like an assistant or other person to receive notifications regarding the status of an abstract, please enter their email address on the text field provided below the list of co-authors
- Please note your preferred presentation format. If you would not be comfortable giving an oral presentation, please select Poster Only. NOTE: the final presentation type is determined by the International Scientific Abstract Review Committee
Step 3. Disclosure
ALL abstract co-authors are expected to disclose to the program audience any/all relevant financial relationships related to the content of their presentation at the time of submission through the online abstract submission form. Kindly note that all disclosures can be submitted by the submitter on behalf of the co-authors. The submitter will NOT be able to finish the abstract submission process without the disclosures of all co-authors. Please see below list of disclosure questions that will be asked during the abstract submission process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per CME guidelines, industry employees cannot present an abstract if the content of the abstract relates to business lines or products of their employer.
- Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
The author must disclose all entities producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients, with which the author/the author’s spouse/partner have, or have had, a relevant financial relationship within the past 12 months.
If the author has a relevant financial relationship, please provide the nature of relevant financial relationship as well as the name of company(s).
Step 4. Abstract Text
- Do not include Title or Author data in the body of your abstract (There are specific places for Title and Author)
- Abstracts may be entered directly into the site or copied and pasted
- Research work should be original and innovative.
- Abstracts must not exceed 400 words in length (not including title and authors)
- Tables may be included and each will count as 100 words
- A maximum of 2 images may be included; each will count as 100 words
- Tables, images and graphs must be uploaded in JPG or TIFF format at 300 dpi and 100% size. Any higher resolution is acceptable.
- Abstracts must be structured with the following:
Step 5. Preview & Submit
- Please proofread your submission prior to submitting
- Once submitted, you will no longer be able to make edits to the abstract. If you need to make changes prior to the submission deadline, please contact us at ish2018-speakers at icsevents.com
- Please carefully review the affiliation of all your co-authors as this is how it will appear in the Online Abstract Book and as well as the ISH 2018 Scientific Program
For any inquiries, please contact ish2018-speakers at icsevents.com. If your inquiry is regarding a particular draft or submission, please include the abstract ID in your email.